LEDs are the longest-lasting and most efficient lighting option for all household use. Although they cost more upfront compared to traditional lighting systems, their energy savings will make up for this cost over and over. On average, an LED bulb gives you about 15,000 hours of usage, which is around 15 times longer compared to a standard incandescent bulb. Here are more benefits and features of an LED lighting system.
- Efficiency: LEDs produce more lumens per watt compared to traditional light bulbs. Also, their efficiency has nothing to do with their size and shape as is the case with fluorescent tubes or light bulbs.
- Color: It can emit the desired color of light without the use of a color filter like traditional light bulbs. This not only makes them more efficient but also lowers the initial costs.Size: These lighting options can be very small and can be attached easily to printed circuit boards.
- On/off time: A typical LED bulb achieves complete brightness in just microseconds.
- Longevity: One of the key benefits of LED lighting is a long lifespan. LEDs and bulbs have a great operational lifetime which sometimes goes up to 100,000 hours.
- Eco-friendly: These lights are free of any toxic chemicals, unlike traditional lighting bulbs which were full of lots of toxic materials such as mercury.
- Most LEDs are available for less than $10 and some as cheap as $3
- They use up to 90% less energy compared to standard incandescent bulbs
- Should last roughly 15,000 hours which is about 15 times more durable than traditional bulbs
- Give instant full brightness upon being switched on
- They come in several different types, which include candles, spotlights, and light bulbs
- You can find dimmable or non-dimmable bulbs, which means they can change their brightness or color without requiring a dimmer switch.
LED lights have many benefits, the key of which are longevity and high energy efficiency. Although they will cost a little more initially, this will be recovered in the savings you will make from their efficiency. They are also much more eco-friendly than traditional lighting options.